Polynesian Spa Ownership
- The spa is a 100% New Zealand-owned private company, operated by the Lobb family since 1972
- At Polynesian Spa, elements of early buildings and baths have been carefully retained and the site is registered by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust.
- On the tranquil shores of Lake Rotorua, Polynesian Spa is based at the historic site of the first ever Rotorua bath building established in the 1800s; the site also overlooks the Sulphur Bay Wildlife Reserve.
- Polynesian Spa has free Wi Fi access across the entire complex
- Polynesian Spa has a Qualmark Gold Enviro Award for 2014 showcasing New Zealand leading dedication to sustainability.
- For a number of years, Polynesian Spa has been recognised as one of the World Top Ten Spas (natural/ thermal/ medical) by readers of the UK Conde Nast Traveller Magazine, 2004-2007, 2009 and 2011.
Polynesian Spa Cafe
- Polynesian Spa Café provides healthy snacks and refreshments including toasted sandwiches, paninis, seasonal salad and soup, slices and freshly-baked muffins and scones
- Vegetarian, gluten and dairy free options are available
- Freshly squeezed juices and fruit smoothies
- Platters can be ordered
Spa Essentials Shop
- Polynesian Spa Shop sells one of the most comprehensive ranges of spa related body and skin care products in New Zealand to promote overall health, pampering and well-being
- The largest selection of swimwear in Rotorua with styles for sizes 6-22
- Many ranges are made in New Zealand and include natural New Zealand ingredients such as Rotorua thermal mud, Manuka honey and botanical extracts.
- Gift wrapping is complementary for all products and gifts can be posted if requested
- All spa therapies include a soak in the mineral pools beforehand to warm up the muscles, soften the skin and relax the mind
- Polynesian Spa specialises in a wide range of health and wellness treatments designed to relax, rejuvenate and heal through both ancient and modern techniques. These include Aix spa therapies, body wraps, massage and facials
- Therapies use natural products such as geothermal mud, honey and aromatherapy oils which are also available from the Spa Essentials Store
- The Retreat has 10 spa treatment rooms – two of these are dual rooms and three are Aix therapy (wet rooms). Polynesian Spa can comfortably accommodate up to 12 people at one time
- On arrival you will be given a soft robe to wear
- Visitors are required to fill out a consultation form and have a chat with reception staff members
- Well-appointed changing facilities include towels, lockers, soap, shampoo and hairdryers
- Open daily 10am-7pm
- Bookings are recommended and subject to availability
- Polynesian Spa can organise specialised pamper parties for small groups with catering, refreshments, mineral bathing and luxurious treatments all part of the package. Groups of 10+ will receive 10% off signature treatments and bathing.
- A large freshwater chlorinated pool (33°C) features a toddler section, a deeper section and a small hydroslide
- Two smaller hot alkaline mineral pools fed from the Rachel Spring (37°C and 40°C) overlook the large freshwater pool – a good spot to supervise children from.
- Spacious changing rooms and a choice of storage tubs and pay-lockers
- Lifeguards are present at all times
- Children under twelve years must be accompanied by a caregiver; under the age of 8 years must be actively supervised in the water by a caregiver over 16 years.
- Four Lake View Private Pools (38.5°C) offer panoramic views over Lake Rotorua
- Nine Sky View Private Pools (38.5°C) have an open roof for sky views
- All Private Pools feature a heated personal changing room and shower
- The Pools are filled with soothing alkaline water from the Rachel Spring
- 30 minute hire
- A minimum of two adults
- Children are allowed if accompanied by two adults
- Eight mineral pools – three with water from the acidic Priest Spring (39°C – 42°C) and five with water from the alkaline Rachel Spring (38°C – 39°C)
- Features a large, deep stand up Alkaline pool to stretch out for light activity
- Reflexology walk stimulates pressure points in your feet that correspond to all major body organs and areas – encouraging vital energy and blood flow throughout your body, relieving stress, improving balance and enhancing physical and mental well-being
- Spacious changing rooms are provided and a choice of storage tubs and pay-lockers are available for belongings and valuables
Deluxe Lake Spa
- Overlooking Lake Rotorua this is the premium hot mineral bathing and relaxation area
- Surrounded by native New Zealand flora, natural rocks, two waterfalls and a grotto
- Four shallow Rachel Spring alkaline mineral hot pools, each with different temperatures (36°C to 42°C)
- One Priest Spring acidic mineral hot pool (40°C)
- Cold Plunge Pool for hot cold hydrotherapy – The extremes of hot and cold water cause muscle to expand and contract offering gently detoxification as toxins are squeezed from the muscles. Alternating between hot and cold pools two or three times gives the best results.
- Relax on five geothermally heated recliners
- Well-appointed changing facilities with towels, lockers, soap, shampoo and hairdryers provided
- Relaxation Lounge overlooking the lake